is the first 1/35 scale MM plastic assembly model set which depicts
WWII Russian Army infantry who defended Russia against invading German
forces during early WWII. Set depicts the commander figure urging his
men forward, two shooting riflemen in standing and kneeling positions, a
non-commissioned officer holding a grenade, and a machine gunner
running. The figures are realistically depicted wearing field rubashka
uniforms which were worn until early 1943. Highly-detailed accessories
such as Mosin-Nagant rifles, grenade pouches, and magazine pouches for
the DP light machine gun are included with the set. Decals are also
included to reproduce rank insignias.
About the Unforms
June 1941, with the beginning of the German invasion of Russia, Russian
soldiers were seen wearing rubashka uniforms with folded collars. Rank
was distinguished by shoulder badges, which had different hem colors to
identify unit type. Officers were issued with leather boots whereas
enlisted men were often provided with leggings. In addition to helmets
and officer caps, field commanders also wore pilotka garrison caps.
However, from January 1943, Russian soldiers were provided with new
uniforms which featured straight collars with epaulets.